Monday, November 12, 2012

A Wedding and a Party


This post is a chronicle of celebrations of late: my friend Justine's wedding and David's and my Halloween party.  Enjoy!

Justine's Wedding

Justine and Jake got married at the Gonzaga Student Chapel at the end of September.  I was lucky enough to be a bridesmaid.



 


The day before the wedding, of course, was the rehearsal.  This is a picture of the bride with her ribbon boquet, made by yours truly.
All the girls in the wedding party had a slumber party out at the Northern Quest Resort.  In the morning, Justine had her hair done in the Resort's spa.  Isn't it lovely?
 
 Just kidding...this is how it looked when it was done.  Gorgeous.  Also, notice Ashley in the background enjoying a mimosa.
 
We all got dressed in one of the classrooms in the building.  Here's Justine putting on her garters with the help of her mom.
 
I forgot to tell David to take pictures of the ceremony, so we're going to have to fast forward to the reception.  I apologize that some of the pictures are dark.  My camera's flash does funny things in romantic lighting.  The reception was a whole bunch of fun!  I managed to drag my hubby out on the dance floor a couple of times, my dad got schnockered, and my sister caught the bouquet.  Take a look...
Justine and Jake, cutting the cake...
...and dancing their first dance.
Boquet toss
Rachel caught it! Jake's best man caught the garter.
Meanwhile, at our table...
Yep. Dad's drunk.
Everyone had a great time, and we continued the party well into the night.
 
One month later, David and I hosted a Halloween party, and the newlyweds were there to help us celebrate.  They were dressed as a 60's mod girl and Jake from State Farm.


 
David was Paul Bunyan.  He even painted Seamus with blue hairspray to be his blue ox, but we forgot to take a picture.  And I was a witch.  We're a little rosy-cheeked in this picture.  It was a good party.
 
Christy and KC were also there dressed as a member of the GU crew team and Professor X.  KC won best costume...he shaved his head and had a wheelchair.  If that's not dedication, I don't know what is.
Whit and Britany were a sports fan and an elephant.  I want that hat!
And Rachel and Brian were a German beer maid and a 50s dude.
It was the most successful party we've thrown yet.  Everyone had a good time.  Before I sign off, I have to inundate y'all with some dog pictures.  Seamus helped us with the party decorations, i.e. pumpkin carving.
 
How cute is he...
 
 
 



1 comment: